Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Transplant Complete

Well, the verdict is back, it's creme corn from outside my door. It's very strange as I do not taste or smell anything different and they are all getting this with masks on! So the last 9 bags of cells have been injected and all went well, it was actually a bit easier this time, not so much of the itchiness in the throat this time. The doctor was in and said everything went well and they will check out the labs in the morning and I should be able to go home tomorrow, amazing! He said if my temperature reaches over 100.4, or mouth sores develop I need to call in immediately and would probably need to come back. Very strange that my current temp is only at 95 .....So the biggest issue now is not to get an infection of any kind and stay as germ free as possible, and hopefully get some rest. Never got that nap mostly because of the frequent bathroom visits as they are pumping me full of liquid, but other than that no other side effects as of yet from the chemo but I think it may come soon. Hopefully I will be blogging from my couch at home tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your spirits high, Sharon!

    Gargle / rinse with that awful mouthwash to keep the mouthsores aery, and take Immodium. Otherwise the only real problem is exhaustion. Do not get down on yourself if you have no energy -- it will return in about two weeks.

    Give 'em hell! You can do this!!

    Warm regards,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete