Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 2 - At Home

This morning was a bit rough, waking up to diarrhea then trying to eat just something only to start hurling it all up, sorry.....Took some of the prochlorperazine which really seemed to help so hoping we can keep some of these symptoms under control. I think alot of it might be the medication, it's smells bad and it's not easy taking the meds with an upset stomach. I have to go back into the lab everyday for blood work and to make sure there is no sign of infection as this could be deadly for me with no immune system. Apparently my cell count is just on the downfall, so I won't feel the full effect for a few more days, they said usually day 6 or so is the bottom. Once I get to that stage they will give me those nupegen shots again to boost cell growth. These new cells are my goal. So one more day down few weeks to go, but just realized that I will be sporting my port over the holiday again this year and that sucks.......

No comments:

Post a Comment