Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Awaiting the count

I have completed the 2nd harvesting of my cells. It was another 4 hours on the machine today. Just a bad headache and some diarrhea but otherwise painless. I am hoping they got enough cells this time, I am assuming they will call to confirm that later today but not sure. Otherwise it's a little break until next monday, that is when the real fun will start. They said I should come into the med center early to do lab work and then hang out until they have a bed ready for my 3 day stay. It will also be chemo day. Although I have been on the Revlimid and Velcade for a year this will be a very invasive treatment that will take away all my bone marrow as well as all my hair and make me quite sick they say. So till then, it's rest and as little germs as possible, need to stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment