Tuesday, September 21, 2010

HARVEST DAY

Currently at the blood bank at Hershey Medical Center hooked up to machine that is extracting my blood. No issues from yesterdays shots other than a really bad headache last night. So they will keep me on this machine today anywhere from 4 to 6 hours depending on how my cell count is, not sure when they will know that. They monitor your calcium and potassium as this process depletes both so you receive it back via the iv. Apparently after the collection it takes 2-3 hours for them to extract the stem cells from the white blood cells they just collected. They won't know until that time if they have enough cells or if I will need to repeat the process tomorrow. All is good for now, feel normal so I will update in a few hours or if anything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment