Monday, October 11, 2010

Released but not relieved

They let me out of the hospital on Sunday, mostly because I started telling all the nurses I was going home, there was only one that challenged me with "only if the doctor says so". I had had enough, 5 nights, I was hungry and tired and just wanted to get home. My throat had recovered and I was no longer coughing up blood but the diarrhea persisted. No fever and my counts were on the rise. The doctor said I was borderline on platelets but since I had an appointment at the day hospital the next day he would let me go, like I planned. It was such a great feeling getting out and into to the fresh air. So today I returned to the day hospital and all was good except for the platelets, so they infused a bag of platelets, takes about an hour and a half to get the iv that looks like brown sugar and I was on my way. I did get a few nasty bruises over the past couple days and this is what happens when you don't have enough brown sugar! So, all is good, only one hurling episode today but the imodium ad is not working and the head is quite sore but it's good to be home and I actually have tomorrow off from the infusion lab as long as I don't get a fever I am good. So perhaps I can get the camera out for a good head shot and try on my new wig my good friend got for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment