Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chemo Effects

I would say today has been the worse day so far, and it's a day that has not ended yet!  We were waiting most of the day for the pharmacy to produce Majic Mouthwash, it was going to be used to numb my throat so I could maybe swallow something.  I have had a burning sensation in my throat and esophagus, like really bad heartburn just higher.  Then I  began throwing up blood.  The first I noticed it, the nurse thought it was my black cherry soda I had just taken a sip of but I knew I had barely had enough in my mouth to cover my tounge but there was other liquids mixed in  so it was pretty faint looking for blood.  Later I was  asked to try and take one of my meds orally, all the others had been switched to IV except one ??? and I got about 1/4 of the tube in me, swallowed, then brought up some pretty red stuff. (not to be mistaken for Stewarts Black Cherry)  So the doc said I have mucositis from the chemo and they would need to give me some blood platelets which would help, but it heals by itself, like the infamous mouth sores.  So now it's 2am and I am getting the 2nd and last bag of platelets, all of my meds, some vitamin K and I think if I hit my pain med bottom on my iv I might get to sleep soon. Thankful that the fever has bot come back!!!!  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment