Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ineligible for Trial

Well the breathing problems returned after only two days and continue now. I completed a chest xray and pulmonary function test requested by Dr Weiss in PHL. He called me on the 30th and said the test results did not look good and he would not feel comfortable putting me in the trial so there was no need to keep my appointment for the 31st. He suggested that I see a pulminologist and he would get with my local oncologist to figure out some form of treatment for now. Dr. Andrews got me an appointment but not until June 11th which seems like a long time when you can't breathe! So I decided to to the ER on Thursday and see if I could get any relief there. They did another chest xray - clear and then decided to look at my heart. EKG was good and they admitted me so they could do a stress test he following day. I have had a real bad cough as well so at the end of the day the doctor informs me that my heart and lungs are good. He did ask if I was passing any phlegm and what color it was, it was clear. So he discharged me and told me to take mucinex that it sounded like bronchitis maybe......so soon as I get home Friday about 5 I start coughing up bloody phlegm, deep red then a real dark brown color back to the bright red. I am thinking its from the stress test and the stuff they shot into me but who knows. Mucinex is helping the cough, breathing is a tad bit better...not much. I called the on call number for my oncologist today to inform them of the blood and got nothing, she said to call later if it persists and I could be seen tomorrow if need be. Feeling very week and just want to sleep. The hospital told me my platelets were very low so maybe tomorrow I will hit the wall and they will give me blood or something......who knows. For now, guess I will take a big nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment