Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back at the ER and Admitted

Well the bleeding did not subside and the breathing has not improved so what else to do on a Sunday night than check into the Er. This time we are doing a CT scan since nothing presented on the xray Thursday and now it's very clear ....pneumonia in both lungs. They seem to think that the bleeding is being caused by my coumadin level being too high. So looks like another sleepover at the spa and after blowing out several veins and getting me to my suite the iv and steroids begin. No sleep for a few days. The heart doctors have said there is a bit of enlargement on my right side but nothing to worry about, and I must agree as there IS the myeloma and lung issues and that's about all I can handle right now. So finally after consult with my local oncologist today we are getting a Pulmonary Disease group involved and I just met with them and we have a plan for tomorrow, a broncostopy as long as my coumadin levels are managable. This will show them whats in my lungs, had one about 26 years ago when I coughed up blood for a few weeks, have a bit of history with bronchitis and asthma. My oncologist was just in and my platelets have dropped to a low 27, m protein 3.9 and the IGG is over 5000 which is the worst I have been yet. So as I type the pulmonary group just walked in and advised we will and get this done tomorrow after they give me some platelets and assuming my coumadin levels are at 2.....let's hope as I need an answer so I can resume treatment. Keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for a great post. I'd like to know more about these topics and hope that I can receive more insight into this topic.
    knee repair using stem cells

    ReplyDelete