Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Maintenance

Its been awhile since I have posted, so I thought I would update some information today after receiving my weekly Velcade treatment and speaking with a few other myeloma patients.  It's now April and I have been taking the Revlimid 15mg since the transplant and doing the velcade IV treatment weekly since October.  My counts are looking good according to the Dr. and I am feeling pretty good  most days.  I did have an issue with pain in the lower back, spinal stenosis caused by the myeloma and have tried many different pain medications to quite it to no avail.  Finally, two weeks ago I was given a patch, Fentanyl which lasts 72 hours and it has completly taken away the back pain, no negative side effects so far!  I have to go back on May 11 to the Hershey Med Center to get all of my immunations that were wiped out from the transplant so that is the next big event.  I am wondering if they give them to you all at once ?????  Will let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will be having my transplant May 31st and you have really helped me to understand what goes on. Your doctor tells you and you read about it but there is nothing better than hearing it from someone who has gone thru it! I hope you are feeling well and your MM is gone for good! Do you have any suggestions for me or things that you wished you would have done different? Good luck to you and please keep your blog going!

    ReplyDelete